Labels

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Itsy-Bitsy Spider!

Tonight Autumn discovered a tiny, baby spider (yes, it was really tiny) crawling on the wall. She informed me of it, but when I didn't react with the expediency she requires, she decided to take matters into her own hands.
Arming herself with a tissue, she hopped onto the couch and leaned in. That's when the hinges of hades broke loose. The itty bitty spider moved (she claims it jumped) and Autumn went berserk. She let out a blood curdling scream that could wake the dead, blasted backwards off the couch and instantly burst into tears.
I was cracking up so hard I couldn't even comfort her. Finally I regained my composure and assured her that said-spidey was far more afraid of the 'big thing with a tissue' than she was of him! I don't think she bought it one little bit.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Kids are so entertaining! My kids get exasperated with me because I stopped caring about "bees". See they think anything with wings is a bee aimed straight for them! Tell Autumn I need her to come to my house and kill my brown recluses;)

Clare said...

I'm with Autumn-tell her a shoe is a much better weapon! Or a flyswatter-anything that keeps you as far away as possible.:) And Autumn-I believe you-spiders do jump!:)

Aunt Paula said...

This was too funny! I'm with you, Dawn, I would have been rolling in the floor!! This was hilarious and quite a visual it presented. Give Autumn a hug from me, but tell her she's much bigger than the spider so she can do much more damage to it! I agree with Clare on the shoe or the fly swatter though. I never like to get too close! They do seem to jump!