Labels

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Keeping it Simple!

My parents came for a visit this weekend. They had ordered Cory's Christmas gift and it came in late due to a back order, so they hand delivered it to us. What a great time we had. We kept it simple, the girls shopped, and the boys watched TV in between visits to Pawn Shops and Home Depot. We ate most of our meals in my home and spent hours playing Farkle. It was great fun to have an unplanned weekend. No agenda, nothing specific to do, just quality time being together. I know I won't always have my parents, and my children won't always have their grandparents. Which makes weekends like this all the more important and all the more special. Thank you mom and dad for your visit; and thank you most of all for teaching me about Christ's love so I can teach it to my children. "Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children." Proverbs 17:6 (NLT)

1 comment:

Clare said...

Sometimes not having a plan is the best plan of all. I have never figured out what the point of visiting someone is if all you do is spend your time running in different directions. Sounds like it was a perfect weekend!:)