Labels

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cayla's 11th Birthday!

The other day my mother-in-law informed me that I needed to update my blog, and she's right.  I only blogged once in May.  I guess I've been suffering from a bit of writer's block.  Fortunately, Cayla's 11th birthday was Friday so it provided the perfect post...............

We invited all the family for a light, hors' d'oeuvre dinner and cake.  The food was tasty, but the company was better :) 

She wanted red velvet cake and Costco came through for us!

The pink pennant-banner is from last year, but it worked.  Once again she wanted everything to be pink!  I love that girl!  You know if pink is a choice, it's always God's will :)

Autumn gave her some Lego Friends (pink girl Legos).

Aunt Lisa and Uncle Rob gave her a card filled with cash $$$

Grammy and Poppy gave her mis-matched socks filled with cash.  Where as most girls wouldn't get too excited over a bag with a pack of socks in it, she loved it.  And when she discovered the socks contained treasures.....she loved it all the more!  

Uncle Kevin and Aunt Andrea wrapped cash in ribbon and gave her an entire gift bag full.  Needless to say, the girl made some serious bank this birthday.  She originally planned to buy a Nintendo 3D DS with her birthday money, but when her dad and I surprised her with one she opted to put her money toward the games for it instead!  Clever girl!

Luke and Mark bought her a purple jacket with peace signs on it.  It was super soft, so of course she hugged it.   Lisa Dawn and Katy made sure she had a tie-dye kit and she cannot wait to start dyeing anything and everything white!!!

Grams and Gramps gave her a "Happy Birthday" Barbie and a hair brush for her American Girl doll.  I love that she  still plays with dolls.  I'm pretty sure this will be the last year for that type of thing, so I'm trying to hang onto her childhood as much as possible.

In the mail today arrived more money from great-Grandma Bishop and Aunt Pam and Uncle Walt.  I think a shopping trip is in order today!!!

Happy Birthday to my sweet Cayla.  She is a joy, and one of the most amazing people I have ever known.  When I grow up I want to be just like her.  I am blessed!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Ry would love a package full of miss matched socks. They girl never wears matching socks!!!!

Clare said...

I distinctly remember 11 being a good year. I got a Barbie for my birthday, too.:) However, mismatched socks would make me cuh-razy!!! ;)

Robyn said...

I loved all the girliness! I hope Gilly hangs on to her dolls and such as long as Cayla has:)