Labels

Monday, November 24, 2008

Travel Pillows!

All right I know I'm driving some of you crazy with all my sewing posts, but you have to understand where this is coming from. Growing up I had friends who could sew quite well and I was always enamored with their projects. I secretly wished I knew how, but I didn't grow up with a mother who sewed, so the chances of me learning were slim. Fortunately, my mother in law is quite the accomplished seamstress, and having only sons, she's delighted to have a 'daughter' to whom she can pass on some domesticity! It's a new hobby for me and those of you who know me well know that when I start something new I get pretty enthusiastic about it. So here's my latest project.....travel pillows. I've wanted to purchase them for over a year now, but they can be spendy so I've put it off. I did however find a pattern online, quite by accident, and figured I'd give it a shot. Sure the edges aren't perfectly rounded, but they should live up to their purpose for our Thanksgiving trek across the mountain to my sister's!
I began last week by making a prototype (white with blue snowflakes), and then this evening I finished a couple more to give to the girls. They were thrilled, but Autumn did say, "You only have three. We need another one for Daddy." To which I queried, "Do you really want Daddy to have a pillow while he's driving?" She sheepishly shrugged, "Nah." And that was the end of that!

No comments: