Labels

Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Little Political Humor!

My aunt sent this to me. Maybe you've seen it before, but it's pretty funny. Enjoy, and have a great Thursday!!! The Plan Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House. One is from Chicago , another is from Tennessee , and the third is from Minnesota. All three go with a White House official to examine the fence: The Minnesota contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for My crew and $100 profit for me." The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me." The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700." The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?" The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence." "Done!" replies the government official. And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.

10 comments:

kim said...

funny!

Clare said...

It is sad that, unfortunately, that is often how OUR government works. I stress "our" because it isn't so broken that we can't apply ourselves and make it great!

SuzanneDeAZ said...

So what do you think is the answer to our economy if not the stimulus plan?

SuzanneDeAZ said...

What do you think of Obama signing all of the stimulus plans before the public had time to read them. He said before he became president that he would allow the bills to be online 5 days before he signs them. It seems he did not tell the truth.

Rachel said...

Hi SuzanneDeAZ, and welcome to my blog. My answer to the economy issues would be to start by giving the stimulus money to the American people, instead of putting it back into the hands of the corporations that mishandled it in the first place.

Robyn said...

I love that you take such an interest in politics. Steve is very avid about it also when he is home. I thought your little story was so cute I am going to cut and paste it in an email to him! I thought your response to Suzanne was accurate and something he would agree with.

SuzanneDeAZ said...

I agree that sit would most likely increase productivity by giving the people the money after all we are the ones who paid for it or will pay for it. Perhaps a good tax break is in order. They have been told over and over again that doing what Roosevelt did prolonged the depression and did not work. Many told them to cut the taxes. I know we are just middle class and we are not going on any trips or buy anything major this year because we know our taxes will increase. Just think the jobs that would not be lost if people vacationed or went out and bought an appliance or got new carpet or some type of addition to ones home.

We used to use our tax rebate for such things and now we are believing we may owe taxes so we just are not buying anything but saving.

Juli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juli said...

Oh we all know I have a comment!
How about instead of bailing everyone out, we make everyone take a budgeting class and live within their means??? And no one is exempt. Not congressmen, not govenor's and not presidents.

Individual responsability; what a concept!

SuzanneDeAZ said...

I agree we all should live within our means. The Duggars are a good example of that!