Labels

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Must. Not. Talk. Politics.

Although it's my blog, I feel the need to apologize for all of my political posts. I am quite passionate about politics though, so it's really hard for me to just leave it alone! I will at least be quick here. AIG is irritating me. It didn't take a rocket scientist to realize that you don't put money back into the hands of the mishandlers. And yet.....that's just what the government did! By the grace of our Holy and Magnificent God, my husband is still gainfully employed. But if he were one of the thousands of people in this country looking for work, I'd be irate that my tax dollars were being spent on bonuses when my husband wasn't even earning a regular check! OK, that's all I'm going to say about it......................for now :)

2 comments:

Clare said...

It is certainly frustrating that it seems like the bad guys are winning. But we know the good guys win in the end! :) I, for one, am glad that the responsibility to make those choices does not fall on me.

Lisa said...

I wondered today as I read about yet another trial in our government, what would happen if I prayed about it as much as I discuss my discontentment over it? We, believers, really are called to keep it before God and trust Him to deal with it. Why is this so very hard? We certainly like to be in control and we want to hang on to our comfortable lives.

I am not casting any stones before removing the beam from my own eyes. I think it is time for me to return to bended knee and seek forgiveness for my own apathy, lack of interest and yes, lack of supporting the causes I know are right.