Labels

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summer Fruits!

 Tonight when Cory came home from work, he presented me with a bag of fresh blackberries he had picked Monday night while out of town.  My mind immediately went to.....scones!  I made two batches.  A plain one (for the girls) and one topped with blackberries for us.

It only takes 2 ingredients and a few minutes to whip up these amazing, and QUICK scones from my talented niece Robyn over at Ramblings by Robyn.  Simply combine 1-1/2 cups of baking mix (like Bisquick) with 3/4 cup of whole whipping cream and mix together.  If desired, fold in blackberries (or other fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, endless possibilities), turn onto a lightly flowered surface, form into a circle and cut scones into desired sizes (I used a pizza cutter :)  Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes.
Because we are a frosting-loving-family, I make a simple glaze for everything.  Mix  confectioner's sugar with milk until glaze reaches desired consistency.  Drizzle over scones.  I cheated and added a spoonful of fresh blackberries over the top of my scone before drizzling with glaze.  They were incredible if I do say so myself!
Here's the kid-friendly version.  Plain scones with glaze.
These scones will only take about 15 minutes from start to finish, but everyone will think you spent hours preparing them :)
 
These shiny little gems are white plums which my brother in law gave me this evening as well.  It must have been a great day for fruit?!  They're currently sitting in this little green bowl, but come Friday they will morph into a crisp or buckle of some kind served with vanilla ice cream since I volunteered to take dessert to a family gathering.  Oh summer fruit....how do I love thee!

3 comments:

Clare said...

I want a blackberry covered scone NOW! Joel has no appreciation for any kind of berry or berry dessert-it is really sad. Those look delicious!

Robyn said...

Your are so sweet to credit me, but we all know you are the queen of scones! I am with Clare though, I just want to come over and eat some:) Blackberries are my fave!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun!! I would love some summer
fruit scones! They look delicious
and yummy!