Labels

Monday, September 29, 2008

Paperless Dream

I hate paperwork. Oops, hate is a bad word, I strongly dislike paperwork. No, I hate it! I am one of those people who abhors dealing with paperwork. I can remember watching Star Trek and dreaming of the day when our lives were completely paperless like they were on The Enterprise! So far it hasn't happened, but I have done my fair share to move the process along. I pay as many bills as possible online and anytime I have an opportunity to opt out of paper statements I do. In fact, just today I signed up for e-statement through my credit union. It will be heavenly.....no more gazillion page bank statements going unread (because I bank online) and sitting in a basket on my counter until I find time to stuff them into the file cabinet. I've also saved a website that should get me to the correct place to opt out of receiving unwanted phone books, credit card offers and a whole host of other junk mail that I'd just as soon not receive. I wish I could be a true northwesterner and say I'm doing it in an effort to 'go green'. But in reality, I don't care so much about that, I just don't want to have to deal with it. I'm sick of opening, filing, shredding and the like. If the mail doesn't exist then I don't have to worry about it. Just thinking about how many forests will be saved by not wasting so much paper makes me positively giddy. In fact, I think I can see myself turning green right now. Yeah right!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe you are saying those things! What in the world will you do with all that extra time? I actually might give it some thought, too, except for the fact that I had finally in the last year decided to pay bills online. WELL! That works great unless you have it all scheduled and then "they" don't make your direct deposit, oh well, that's a subject for my blog.

Clare said...

I tell people I am being "eco-friendly" when I use my debit card for $1.27 transactions, but really it is because I am too lazy to carry cash! What does it matter though, as long as the end result is the same? :)