Labels

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Painted Nails

This is the type of afternoon I love. The weather is mild. A bit overcast, but only in the low 70's. We enjoyed a long nap, and then got a few things done around the house.
I decided it was the perfect time to paint my toenails (gotta look pretty for summer ya know?!). And don't mock me, that does count as getting things done around the house :) As soon as the girls saw me heading to the table with my basket of pedicure supplies they immediately wanted their toenails painted. As we scanned through the perfect shades of rosy brown and pale pink, the girls decided on their colors......bright orang-y red for Autumn and an illustrious purple for Cayla (that color was given to me, I did NOT buy it). Not being in the mood to argue, I set about painting their itty bitty toenails. It wasn't an easy task as some of their nails are smaller than the tip of the brush. As it turns out, kids don't stay still while you paint. They wiggled around so much it kind of looks like I had an epileptic attack while painting. Ultimately I was able to camouflage it with a clear top coat, but it took a long time (oh like 10 minutes), which might as well be 10 hours in the world of kid dom!
Anyhow, check it out above. Should we be foot models or what?!

No comments: