Labels

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Party with pics above!

Two posts in one day. What is this blog coming to?! :) Well, the pumpkins from the pumpkin patch are officially carved. We draped the table with painter's plastic and proceeded to heap pumpkin guts into the middle of the table. It was disgusting...but so much fun! I even stuck my arm, sans gloves, all the way into my pumpkin. Admit it, you know you're proud of me!!! The girls picked their designs, drew them on their pumpkins with a Sharpie and then Cory and I carved them. Autumn chose shapes, Cayla made a ladybug, Cory designed a traditional spider and I went for a gigantic daisy. Every year we take the pumpkins to my in-laws to greet the candy seeking visitors. And this year that's where we'll be after we enjoy a Fall Festival at our friends' church. I love holidays. Well, really I love any chance to break from the norm, get together with friends, and eat delicious foods that only come around once a year. If only I could figure out a way to make Arbor Day a holiday!!!

No comments: